VW Digital Cockpit Information Display Features
The all-new 2018 Volkswagen Atlas will feature the VW Digital Cockpit Information Display which is a 12.3-inch screen in the instrument panel that shows certain information which is important for driving. Drivers can personalize the view as well to show what they want to see. There are many features that the VW Digital Cockpit Information Display can display including navigation map and the available Adaptive Cruise Control system. Take a look at the other available features of the Digital Cockpit Information Display.
- Welcome and Preferences: press the start button and the VW Digital Cockpit welcomes you by name. It also allows for your and up to three drivers’ preferred settings, from memory seat to driver profile selections such as heating and air condition, available Driver Assistance settings, and your favorite radio station.
- Display More Information: the speedometer and tachometer dials can be configured to show an inner dial where the driver can see additional information including navigation instructions, estimated fuel economy and range, speed and available Driver Assistance features.
- Phone Calls: with select compatible smartphones, the Digital Cockpit can display all of your contacts and recent call history in the center section of the screen. Scroll down, click to highlight and make a hands-free call.
- Off-Road View: when you select off-road view, the Digital Cockpit will display the angle of your front wheels and show your direction on a compass as well as an altimeter to show how high you’re climbing.
- Driver Assistance Alerts: with the available Pedestrian Monitoring system if a pedestrian in your path is detection an alert is presented on your screen.
- Classic View: if you don’t want so much information, select Classic View and it gives you the traditional full-size speedometer and tachometer dials.
What 2018 VW Models Have Digital Cockpit Information Display?
The VW Digital Cockpit Information Display feature will be standard on the all-new 2018 VW Atlas SEL Premium and will also be available on the upcoming 2018 VW Tiguan. Check out our blog for more information on the all-new Atlas and the 2018 Tiguan and contact us at Hall Volkswagen if you have any questions about the Digital Cockpit system or would like to schedule a test drive for when the Atlas and Tiguan arrive at our dealership.